Helping Your Business Bounce Back
The pandemic and Brexit transition has created significant economic uncertainty, keeping business owners awake at night as demand disappeared, and growth plans were knocked off course. Hertfordshire has been no exception, with huge increases in demand from businesses seeking support. To respond to this need, Hertfordshire Growth Hub, powered by the Hertfordshire LEP, in partnership with the University of Hertfordshire devised the Volunteer Business Support Scheme, a free and confidential 1-2-1 mentoring programme.
The scheme launched in June 2020 and through our network of experienced mentors we have supported more than 190 businesses, providing over 600 hours of 1-2-1 support. Due to its success and excellent feedback, the scheme has been extended until November 2021 to help even more businesses.
How does the scheme work and how will it benefit my business?
We’ve created a network of mentors who will listen to the challenges your business is facing through telephone, video call and email.
You’ll benefit from:
- Up to 12 hours of free and confidential 1-2-1 support from a mentor that’s highly experienced in managing or coaching at a strategic level.
- Being matched to a mentor that has experience within your sector or the specific situation you are facing.
- Signposting to support packages that are available locally, regionally and nationally
- Support that’s completely flexible – you and your mentor will decide the day, time and level of support that suits you both best. Businesses receive two hours of support a week on average.
- Access to all the resources and support available through the Growth Hub and partners.
“The support from my mentor has been unbelievably helpful, supportive and useful. He is unbelievably knowledgeable and has really motivated me to try new initiatives and ideas” Claire Smith – Bespoke HR Solutions
“Being matched with someone external to the business who listens and challenges what we’re doing has really helped” Stewart Hunt – Apex 360 UK
Who can join the scheme?
Any micro, small or medium sized business in Hertfordshire, who may be struggling during this uncertain time or would simply benefit from having a critical friend, mentor and coach to talk to, explore new ideas with and get some feedback. The 1-2-1 sessions with our mentors would be an ideal starting point for any business looking to explore opportunities to re-launch or innovate their products, services or business model as restrictions start to ease.
How do I join?
Login and you'll be taken to our listing where you can express your interest in the scheme.
Or, if you haven't already, Register for free and explore our online Marketplace where you'll find our Volunteer Business Support Scheme funded listing.